How many people can the Backpacker Building accommodate?
* The building consists of 3 private rooms and 2 communal dormitory rooms
What are our check in and check out times?
Check out: 10:30am
Do we have electricity at Sani Mountain Lodge?
A generator provides electricity in the backpacker building from 5:00pm to 10:00pm.
What are our GPS co-ordinates?
What times are meals served?
Lunch is served between 9:30am and 5:00pm
Dinner is served at 7:00pm. (Winter time: 6:30pm)
Can I ride my Quad bike or my off road motorbike up Sani Pass?
Off road dirt bikes are not permitted to be driven up the Pass due to their lack of indicators and licensing.
Do you sell petrol and diesel at Sani Mountain Lodge?
How do I book the Sani Mountain Lodge shuttle service?
* Please note that the road from the bottom of the Pass to the SA Border is not suitable for small, low sedan vehicles.
* If you are in a small, low sedan vehicle we recommend taking our shuttle from Tumble In Bed & Breakfast at 11:00am or 3:00pm.
* The Tumble In is approx 1km out of Underberg on the Himeville road.
* Cars left overnight at the Tumble In are charged R60.00 per car per night, payable to the Tumble In.
* Return shuttles depart Sani Mountain Lodge to come back down the Pass at 9:30am and 1:30pm.
* Children of 0, 1, 2 and 3 years – FREE. 4 years and over – full price.
* Please contact Reservations for prices and bookings.
Can we Ski at Sani Mountain Lodge in winter?
Please give me more information about hiking Thabana Ntlenyana?
* Altitude at summit: 3482m
* Hiking guide available: R500.00 – minimum two people
* Hike duration: 9 to 11 hours
* Distance: approx. 32km return
* Start time in summer: between 5:00am and 7:00am – please advise what time you would like to start
* Please take along water, food and a waterproof/windproof jacket
* We offer Lunch Packs for R150.00 per pack. Please advise if you would like to book.
How long will it take me to get from A to B?
* From SML to Afriski – 2 hours
* From SML to Caledonspoort – 4 hours
* From SML to Thaba Tseka – 4 hours
* From SML to Mohale Lodge – 5 hours
* From SML to Katse Dam and Katse Village via Thaba Tseka – 5 hours
* From SML to Semonkong– 4 – 5 hours
* From SML to Katse Dam via Lejone – 5 hours
To see dam wall it is better to go via Thaba Tseka
* From SML to Malealea Lodge: The travelling time from Malealea Lodge to Sani Mountain Lodge is approximately 10 hours. The route you will need to take will go via Roma, then past Mohale Dam, on to Thaba Tseka, to Mokhotlong and down to Sani.
* From Caledonspoort to Maliba Lodge – an hour.
* Himeville 4 way intersection to Sani Pass Hotel – approx 11.5km.